TERMS & CONDITIONS
BYRON BAY FILM & TELEVISION SCHOOL (BBFATS) – TERMS & CONDITIONS
By attending class, You (being the student, or, in the case of minors, the parent(s)/guardian(s) of the student) are deemed to have agreed to and be bound by the following terms and conditions:
Cancellation and Transfers
Once a course has commenced no refund or credit note is possible.
If you miss a class, a credit or refund is not applicable.
Should BBFATS need to cancel a course a full refund, credit or transfer to another course will be offered. We accept no liability for any other costs. We advise you phone the office prior to making accommodation or flight bookings to verify the course is going ahead.
Cancellations received more than 5 working days from the commencement of the course will incur a 20% cancellation fee or you may request a credit note for the full amount.
If you need to withdraw from the course within 5 working days of the commencement of the course you must notify BBFATS in writing to request a credit note. The credit note will be valid for 12 months.
Substitutions of participants can be made prior to course commencement by notifying BBFATS in writing, provided participants are eligible for the course. Fees for the course are due before class is attended, unless you have requested, and BBFATS has agreed, in writing, that you may pay the course fee by instalments. BBFATS reserves the right to refuse that You attend class if fees are unpaid.
Health & Safety
1. BBFATS strives to create a safe and happy environment that fosters learning. You agree at all times to abide by the Safety Rules in place and any reasonable directions of BBFATS Tutors.
If you are less than eighteen years old, you and your guardian agree that your enrollment and/or participation in the course is adequate consideration for your obligations set out in these Terms and Conditions and that you and your guardian consider the provisions of these Terms and Conditions to be reasonable and for your benefit.
2. If you are eighteen years or older you agree that you have read and understood the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
3. Parents/guardians of minor students MUST drop off and pick up children from class promptly, and make contact with the Tutor to ensure he/she is aware. BBFATS provides supervision of young people during the course hours only. In the event you are running late to collect your child, please call Mark Piper or the Tutor.
4. Parents are welcome to stay and watch class, but this is not encouraged. This gives young people the freedom to develop without the pressure of observation by adults.
5. Respect for each other must be adhered to at all times. If a scene calls for ANY physical contact with another student (actor), permission must first be sought from the Tutor AND the person with whom contact is proposed to be made.
6. For the performance based courses, it may be necessary for a voice, movement or other tutor to support your training with physical contact. Likewise, it may be appropriate for other students to come into physical contact with you when engaging in an exercise.
7. Wear comfortable/suitable clothing and supply your own refreshments, including water and light snacks if necessary.
8. You acknowledge that activities can be physical and may involve the risk of accidents occurring. Should it be deemed necessary for an ambulance to be called, You will incur the cost. To the maximum extent permitted by law, BBFATS disclaims all liability for injury, damage and/or loss to person or property that may be suffered.
9. You must advise BBFATS in advance of the course if your child has health problems and/or requires medication while attending a course.
10. BBFATS Tutors are highly skilled theatre, film or television practitioners and teachers. They will take care of children during their classes, but cannot be responsible for the administration of medication or ensuring
suitable health precautions are in place to suit all participants.
9. To ensure You/your child gets the most out of your/their experience at BBFATS, You agree to advise us at the time of booking if students have any learning difficulties or behavioral issues. This will assist us in the planning and preparation of our workshops.
10. Fire safety - a fire extinguisher is located by the entrance. Other important evacuation information is by both exits. Please familiarise yourself with it.
11. BBFATS and all venues used are nonsmoking.
12. You consent to BBFATS taking and using photographs and videos of students for promotional and archival purposes.
BBFATS may take and use photographs or videos for promotional and archival purposes.
13. All material recorded during BBFATS class exercises is the copyright of BBFATS.
Participants may not publish or upload recordings (audio, videos or photos) of any activities at BBFATS or other course venues for any publication or social media website.
14. BBFATS provides no guarantee regarding the quantity, quality (including sound or visual quality) or availability of recorded material.
15. You must regularly bring a hard drive to class to collect your footage. Footage retained on BBFATS computers, hard drives, camera cards and the like may be deleted by BBFATS within a reasonable period of time of the course end date without further reference to you.